If you have a CVDI event or meeting that you would like to add to the Google Calendar, please call Andrea at 337-482-0627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision Statement. The Center for Visual and Decision Informatics strives to become a world leader for creating a win-win partnership between industry and academia in the big data space. UL Lafayette, Drexel University, SBU, UVA, UNCC, and TAU along with other future academic partners, will cooperate with the objective to accelerate research, innovation, technology transfer, and student training in the big data space. The purpose of this concerted effort is to continue the ongoing efforts and make CVDI the most sought after research and development consortium for next-generation visual analysis and decision support tools and techniques.
Mission Statement. The core mission of CVDI in Phase II is to:
(1) conduct multi-disciplinary, cross-institutional pre-competitive research and develop the next-generation technologies in data science, big data, analytics,including visual analytics, augmented intelligence, and decision informatics
(2) address data science and big data challenges facing industry and government and provide practical solutions in a broad range of market sectors
(3) work collaboratively with industry and government partners to unleash the transformative potential and associated opportunities of big data and data science for the benefit of society
(4) produce highly-trained students with practical hands-on skills in data science and big data
(5) inform policy makers, government, and industry about the significance of data science and big data
Focus. CVDI researchers bring both synergy and complementary data science and big data research initiatives in the areas of data acquisition and management, analytics, visualization & human interaction, applications to drive innovation in visual and decision informatics. The research topics within the analytics domain include visual analytics, predictive analytics, augmented intelligence, data summarization, deep learning, complex systems analysis, evolutionary optimization, agent-based models and simulation, privacy-preserving learning, and metalearning. New visualization and human computer interaction topics include interactive visualization, human computer interaction modeling, cognitive assistance, and immersive analytics. Topics in data management include big data platforms, knowledge organization, data fusion and integration, parallel processing of massively large datasets, and green computing. The Center also brings complementary expertise in health informatics, biomedicine, energy, computational law, education, cybersecurity, disaster management, advanced manufacturing, psychology, and environmental science.
LINK to CVDI Public-Facing Website: http://www.nsfcvdi.org/wordpress/